I noticed that in communities and G+ people are often asking about ways to do Zooper Countdowns, because the syntax isn't that easy. I'll show here how to display the remaining time to future event dynamically.
You can add a Countdown to every widget. Simply add a text item and edit the text manually.
For this example I chose the first match of the Fifa World Cup in Brazil (German time).
#D201406122200Rd' days 'Rhh' h 'Rmm'm'#
- D meas that the next numbers are a date (more examples below)
- 201406122200 is the Countdown target with the following format YYYYMMDDHHMM (year, month, hour, minute)
- R is the remaining time (Rd remaining days, Rhh remaining hours, Rmm remaining minutes)
- ' days ' is the text between the variables
This Zooper Countdown looks like this:
$ #D201606102100Rd#=1? #D201606102100Rd# day,$ $#D201606102100Rd#>1? #D201606102100Rd# days,$$#D201606102100Rh#=1? #D201606102100Rh# hour: #D201606102100Rh# hours$ and $#D201606102100Rm#=1? #D201606102100Rm# minute, : #D201606102100Rm# minutes$
Here, the code reacts to the remaining time. "days" changes with one remaining day to "day" and vanishes if less than one day remains. The rest is the same.
- Easy Countdowns to any event (World Cup, Press Conferences, birthdays, etc.)
- Like explained in the link you can change D to other variables, for example SAD, being the next system alarm.
Both my Zooper Widgets use the advanced code:
For general Zooper Widget posts check here.
You can find more Zooper Widget Tutorials here.